specialyooper

Default Word 2203-spell check-still won't work!

Under tools-options the 'spelling & grammar tab is gray(whereas all others
are highlighted) and can not make any changes . After repeating my trials
many times and getting 'spell check complete', received msg "spelling file
MSSpell3.dll or MSSP 232, dll for English (US) missing. Can anyone help?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?c3BlY2lhbHlvb3Blcg==?=,

Under tools-options the 'spelling & grammar tab is gray(whereas all others
are highlighted) and can not make any changes . After repeating my trials
many times and getting 'spell check complete', received msg "spelling file
MSSpell3.dll or MSSP 232, dll for English (US) missing.

Are you certain you've actually INSTALLED the proofing tools?

Go through Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel and choose to change the
current Office 2003 installation. Insert the CD when prompted. Drill down
through the entries for shared Office tools and such, looking for the proofing
tools. Make sure these are set to "Run from my computer".

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org