Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Pat is offline

Default Endnotes Spacing on each new page.

Hi, I have a user that has inserted endnotes in their document. The spacing
between EACH endnote is fine. (1.5 line spacing). But the user is getting
twice that amount of spacing at the top of each page containing endnotes.
I've tried to modify the style of the Endnote text but it only seems to
affect some of the endnotes and doesn't correct the problem of this huge top
margin. Thank you.
--
thanks,
Pat
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Whoever designed this feature made an Endnote Continuation Separator part of
the setup (analogous to the Footnote Continuation Separator). In most cases,
you don't really want any kind of separator at the top of the endnotes pages
(though you can edit it to be "Endnotes (continued)" instead of a line.
Whoever created this document or the template on which it is based probably
deleted the actual Endnote Continuation Separator line but did not format
the paragraph it's in as Hidden or 1 point, which is what is required to
effectively suppress it.

http://word.mvps.org