Catherine

Default document sends in design mode

Help. I created a form with web controls to be sent out via Email as a word
doc. Only problem is when I send it, it opens up in design mode for other
users. I have Office 2003 which sucks. Please help.

Thanks!
CyberTaz

Did you *Protect* the document? Just locking it does not prevent others from
unlocking it & I seem to recall hearing from others that the locking
sometimes gets turned off when the doc gets emailed.

HTH |:)

"Catherine" wrote:

Help. I created a form with web controls to be sent out via Email as a word
doc. Only problem is when I send it, it opens up in design mode for other
users. I have Office 2003 which sucks. Please help.

Thanks!

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Q2F0aGVyaW5l?=,

I created a form with web controls to be sent out via Email as a word
doc. Only problem is when I send it, it opens up in design mode for other
users.

That's because they have macro security set to "High" and the controls you've
used are triggering macro security because they're capable of executing
(malicious) code. Only formfield controls don't trigger macro security.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org