Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Randy in Sarasota Randy in Sarasota is offline

Default Suddenly MS Word 2007 (inside Office 2007) stopped working.

Recently MS Word 2007 stopped working. I did upload the service packs for
Office 2007 & Vista recently. When googled the topic, old comments suggested
going to REGEDIT and deleting the Data file, but I have been reluctant to do
that. Help.
Randy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Why? If you delete the Data key with Word closed, Word will simply build a
new one with default settings next time Word is started. If you wish you
could rename the Data key to OldData.