JPO

Default Shortcuts

I have set up shortcuts on C drive to navigate quickly to data files. When
using Word, I open the Open box and click on a shortcut and get a message "
The document name or path is not valid. Try these suggestions.
* check the file permissions for the document or drive
* use the file open box to locate the document.

My question is:
1. Does Word allow you to access folders using shortcuts on the C drive? It
seems that I was able to do that at one time before I reinstalled XP.
2. or is this a legitimate error message.

Thanks for responses.

John

TF

Well it should work, but why? The correct way to get to folders quickly is
to add the folder to the Places Bar (that's the bar on the left side of the
File Open and File SaveAs dialogs which by default display My Documents,
Recent Files, My Computer, My Network Place and other useless links). Look
under TOOLS menu in the File Open dialog.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"