Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jenreed jenreed is offline

Default Wrap Text from One Cell of a Table to the Next?

Can I make text go into the next cell on a table when the first cell is full,
without hitting tab or enter? I am trying to have several blank lines that
can be typed on in a form.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No, this is not possible. You will have to accomplish what you want with
drawing lines; see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"jenreed" wrote in message
Can I make text go into the next cell on a table when the first cell is
full,
without hitting tab or enter? I am trying to have several blank lines that
can be typed on in a form.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jenreed jenreed is offline

Thank you for your response, however I do not see anything in the link you
sent that helps me to accomplish what I want. I need lines that wrapped text
can be typed on and will show up when printing a blank form.
Any other ideas?
Jennifer

"jenreed" wrote in message
Can I make text go into the next cell on a table when the first cell is
full,
without hitting tab or enter? I am trying to have several blank lines that
can be typed on in a form.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As I said, you need to use drawing lines (#3 in the article). There's not a
heavy emphasis on this, as the person who tech-edited this article was
convinced that table borders were the way to go, but I can assure you that
if you establish the appropriate interval for the lines, they will work.
You'll need to set them as Behind Text.

http://word.mvps.org