Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MCBBFL MCBBFL is offline

Default Six figures are in document but do not appear in List of Figures?

Created a document in Word 2007. Has amost 220 figures. Most appear in the
List of Tables, but have troubleshot down to six that do not appear in Table.
I have tried "update table" command, manually updated surrounding figures,
deleted then added same figure back in. However, nothing works. List of
Figures jumps from 105 to 107. While I can see Figure 106 in the base
document. Any Suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nina Nina is offline

Make sure the missing figure captions in the body have been created using the
same style name as those that do appear. Make all style names for figure
captions consistent; that is, if you are using "Caption" style, make sure
that, in the body of the document, the style name for the missing figure
captions is "Caption."

"MCBBFL" wrote:

Created a document in Word 2007. Has amost 220 figures. Most appear in the
List of Tables, but have troubleshot down to six that do not appear in Table.
I have tried "update table" command, manually updated surrounding figures,
deleted then added same figure back in. However, nothing works. List of
Figures jumps from 105 to 107. While I can see Figure 106 in the base
document. Any Suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The paragraph style applied to the captions may be relevant, assuming that
the list of figures was created based on style names.

On the other hand, if the list was created based on caption labels, it would
be necessary to take a look at the SEQ fields (which Word uses to create
caption numbers).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"MCBBFL" wrote:

Created a document in Word 2007. Has amost 220 figures. Most appear in
the
List of Tables, but have troubleshot down to six that do not appear in
Table.