Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LM LM is offline

Default how to copy word document to excel

When I copy a Word document to a new Excel sheet, it adds rows between each
line of the Word doc. Any ideas how to make this stop?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What are you pasting, exactly? Obviously, tabular data or actual tables
would be suitable for Excel, while text paragraphs are more difficult to
deal with.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"LM" wrote in message
When I copy a Word document to a new Excel sheet, it adds rows between
each
line of the Word doc. Any ideas how to make this stop?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
marysully marysully is offline

You should be able to copy word text to Excel with the extra row. Try copying
the text without the paragraph marks. Another thing you could try is to
create a text box in Excel and paste the text into that.

"LM" wrote:

When I copy a Word document to a new Excel sheet, it adds rows between each
line of the Word doc. Any ideas how to make this stop?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Em Em is offline

Are you importing the document or copying and pasting data? If you are
copying data, just make sure you highlight the same amount of lines in Excel
you want to copy. What version of Excel are you using?

"LM" wrote:

When I copy a Word document to a new Excel sheet, it adds rows between each
line of the Word doc. Any ideas how to make this stop?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
marysully marysully is offline

Sorry, in regard to my previous text, I meant to say "you should be able to
copy the word text to Excel without the extra row."