Giselle C.

Default problems with sections

I am working on this document and I have a lot of problems with section breaks.

The document is showing 7 sections. I do view normal and view Outline and I
see only 3 sections. Then, I checked a bit further and I noticed that 4 of
the sections are made up of headers that take up the whole page. I tried to
delete the text symbol in the header but I cannot delete it. I tried to use
the ruler to decrease the header size but Word wouldn't allow me to do this.

It's hard to explain this problem so I hope I am explaining it clearly. I'm
so frustrated!!!! Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

In Normal or Outline view, display nonprinting characters (Ctrl+*) and look
for the section breaks, of which you apparently have more than you need.
Check the paragraph formatting of the outsize heading paragraphs to see if
they have an outlandish amount of Space Before/After.