Ben444

Default When text is justified, words are spaced out dramatically.

When using MS Word 2003, occasionaly when i justify the text, as i type each
successive word is spaced out at the opposite side of the margin. As i type
more, the words come closer together, and finally look like a regular line of
typing.

How do i prevent this from occurring? I.e. I just want to be able to type
from left to right, i dont want to see words start off at either end of the
margin and gradually converge?

Any help would be appreciated. If you would like a Screenshot, im happy to
provide it.

Jay Freedman

On Sun, 1 May 2005 19:12:03 -0700, Ben444
wrote:

When using MS Word 2003, occasionaly when i justify the text, as i type each
successive word is spaced out at the opposite side of the margin. As i type
more, the words come closer together, and finally look like a regular line of
typing.

How do i prevent this from occurring? I.e. I just want to be able to type
from left to right, i dont want to see words start off at either end of the
margin and gradually converge?

Any help would be appreciated. If you would like a Screenshot, im happy to
provide it.

There are two different alignments with similar shortcuts.
"Justified", which is what you want, is applied with Ctrl+J.
"Distributed", which is what you're getting, is applied with
Ctrl+Shift+J.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Ben444

Thankyou very much Jay Freedman, i must have pressed Shift when i justified
the text. I suspect im not the only one who has had this problem before.
Makes you wonder why microsoft hasn't made much of an effort to publicise the
amount of problems/frustrations that could be solved by simple combinations
of the keyboard i.e. using Shift+F3 to capitalise, instead of typign text
again (if the intiial text was typed in the wrong case), and how to prevent
text being 'eaten' by pressing the "Insert" key.

Thanks for your time!

Ben Engel