Alvis

Default How do I restore the vertical and horizontal lines on sheets of la

I save sheets of labels (Word 2000) so that I can insert addresses and print
them off as required. Until recently there were vertical and horizontal
lines separating the labels €“ very useful €“ but recently these have just
disappeared. I can still use the sheets for labels but cannot see the
dividing lines. How may I restore them?

Doug Robbins

From the Tables menu, select "Show Gridlines".

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Alvis" wrote in message
I save sheets of labels (Word 2000) so that I can insert addresses and
print
them off as required. Until recently there were vertical and horizontal
lines separating the labels - very useful - but recently these have just
disappeared. I can still use the sheets for labels but cannot see the
dividing lines. How may I restore them?

Doug Robbins

If when you open the Tables menu, you see "Show Gridlines" as one of the
entries in the menu, the gridlines are not being displayed. You must click
on that item to turn them on. When they are on, the entry in the menu will
be "Hide Gridlines"

What you would normally be seeing are gridlines and if the Table menu is
showing "Hide Gridlines", it may be a screen contrast problem. You could
select the table that forms the labels and apply borders to it, but you may
need to remove them before printing as they will almost certainly not
coincide exactly with the perforations in the labels. You can use
Ctrl+Alt+u to remove the borders from a table.

--

"Alvis" wrote in message
Thank you for your suggestion but "Show Gridlines" already selected.

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

From the Tables menu, select "Show Gridlines".