PaulS

Default Pictures inserted in to Word disappear from view after scrolling

The pictures I inserted are still present (as seen through page preview or
printing) they are just not visible on my PC in my Word document. How can I
correct this problem?

I have Microsoft Office 2003.
Jay Freedman

PaulS wrote:
The pictures I inserted are still present (as seen through page
preview or printing) they are just not visible on my PC in my Word
document. How can I correct this problem?

I have Microsoft Office 2003.

Usually this is a video card performance problem. Try this: Go to Start
Settings Control Panel Display and select the Settings tab. Click the
Advanced button. In the next dialog, select the Troubleshooting tab. Move
the "Hardware acceleration" slider a couple of notches to the left and OK
out. Try scrolling in Word. Repeat until either the problem goes away or the
slider is all the way down to None.

If that doesn't help, you may need a new video driver. Here's MVP Graham
Mayor's advice on that topic:
------
This appears to be attributable to the graphics driver with recent ATI
display adapters and the Intel® 82915G/82910GL Express Chipset Family
causing particular problems.

In the case of the latter, the latest driver
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scri...ProductID=1764
appears to fix the problem. DON'T TRY TO USE THIS DRIVER WITH ANY OTHER
CHIPSET/ADAPTER.

There are drivers available also from ATI that correct this issue with some
their adapter cards.
------

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Luc

PaulS,
Check to see if you have the latest graphics drivers.
Try lowering the graphics hardware acceleration a few notches.
Right-click on your Desktop - Properties - Settings tab - Advanced -
Troubleshooting tab.
Lowering by two notched should be enough.
Luc

"PaulS" schreef in bericht
The pictures I inserted are still present (as seen through page preview or
printing) they are just not visible on my PC in my Word document. How can
correct this problem?

I have Microsoft Office 2003.

PaulS

The video driver fix fixed my problem! It also fixed another problem I had in
that the welcome page of webpages I visited did not all appear on my screen.
I had to scrooll to right to see it all.

Thanks for answering my post.

Paul

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

PaulS wrote:
The pictures I inserted are still present (as seen through page
preview or printing) they are just not visible on my PC in my Word
document. How can I correct this problem?

I have Microsoft Office 2003.

Usually this is a video card performance problem. Try this: Go to Start
Settings Control Panel Display and select the Settings tab. Click the
Advanced button. In the next dialog, select the Troubleshooting tab. Move
the "Hardware acceleration" slider a couple of notches to the left and OK
out. Try scrolling in Word. Repeat until either the problem goes away or the
slider is all the way down to None.

If that doesn't help, you may need a new video driver. Here's MVP Graham
Mayor's advice on that topic:
------
This appears to be attributable to the graphics driver with recent ATI
display adapters and the IntelĀ® 82915G/82910GL Express Chipset Family