MDriggers

Default cursor shape has changed

Not really a new user (15 years of experience with MSWord), but figured this
newsgroup would give me an answer more quickly ... and perhaps more
patiently ... than others.

Opened a document I've been working with for a long time this morning and my
cursor has changed from a fine vertical line to a little bold half-line.
Searched for cursor appearance issues in menus, then in help and KB, but
didn't find anything. Any help greatly appreciated. It still works, but
it's easier on my eyes the other way. Version? Word 2003.

TIA

Jay Freedman

MDriggers wrote:
Not really a new user (15 years of experience with MSWord), but
figured this newsgroup would give me an answer more quickly ... and
perhaps more patiently ... than others.

Opened a document I've been working with for a long time this morning
and my cursor has changed from a fine vertical line to a little bold
half-line. Searched for cursor appearance issues in menus, then in
help and KB, but didn't find anything. Any help greatly appreciated.
It still works, but it's easier on my eyes the other way. Version?
Word 2003.

TIA

We don't know why it happens, but going to 500% zoom and back seems to fix
it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

MDriggers

MDriggers wrote:
Not really a new user (15 years of experience with MSWord), but
figured this newsgroup would give me an answer more quickly ... and
perhaps more patiently ... than others.

Opened a document I've been working with for a long time this morning
and my cursor has changed from a fine vertical line to a little bold
half-line. Searched for cursor appearance issues in menus, then in
help and KB, but didn't find anything. Any help greatly appreciated.
It still works, but it's easier on my eyes the other way. Version?
Word 2003.

TIA

We don't know why it happens, but going to 500% zoom and back seems to fix
it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman