dismayed microsoft user

Default Mail merge from Excel to Word inserts time in a field supposed

....to be blank

Hello,

The problem I am seeing is with a letter that gets address from an Excel
spreadsheet and drops it into the form letter. However, Word is entering
"12:00:00A.M." into some merge fields which should otherwise be blank.

macropod

Hi dismayed,

If you copy and paste your existing mailmerge field, which probably looks
something like:
«ExcelDate»
so that you get:
then select both fields and Press Ctrl-F9, you'll get:
If you then fill in between the braces so that you get:
that should give the result you're after. Note that you need to be careful
to have a space either side of the pair of double quotes.

Cheers