Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DDJENN

Default How can I create an index for a directory created from mail merge?

I want to create an index of names from a directory created from a mail
merge. There are about 600 names and I would like to mark the fields prior
to the merge to have them indexed...anyway to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

I assume that in this case, by "indexed" you mean "sorted" If you create a
catalog or directory type mailmerge main document in which you insert the
mergefields into the cells of a one row table and execute that merge to a
new document, it will contain a table with a row of data for each record in
the datasource. You can then use the TableSort facility to sort the data
and then insert a row at the top of the table into which you insert the
field names, then save that document and use it as the data source for the
mailmerge that you originally wanted to create.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP