Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
WebColin

Default Can't get Vertical lines in Tables

Using Word 2003 on XP with all SP's installed.

When I go to the Table Autoformat and try to modify my Table style, I can
set up horizontal lines with no problem (bottom border of odd rows and even
rows). However, I have another style where I want vertical lines between
columns. When I try to turn on the right border of odd and even columns,
nothing happens.

I notice that it will let me turn on the top border of odd or even columns,
effectively putting a line across the top of the table, but that doesn't do
me any good. It will also let me turn on the diagnol borders.

Why can't I turn on the vertical lines between columns? Is there a solution
or work-around?

Thanks,
Colin