Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nick Pedder

Default Making address lines stay even though they're blank

Hi,

Right, I'm being stupid here, because I know this is possible and I've done
it many times before! Unfortunately I've obtained a mental block and have
been trying to work this out for the last couple of hours with no joy!

I've got an excel spreadsheet with basic information which I'm trying to
merge into a form letter. However, if I'm only filling 4 out of the 5 lines
for the address, the whole lot of letters is being shifted out of synch and
they have to manually be sorted out. How do I select the mail field so it
will not alter the format of the document, regardless of whether it contains
information?

A point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Nick
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

One sure way would be to put the individual mergefields into separate cells
in a single column table.

Alternatively, you could use an If...then...else field that inserted a new
line if the field is blank and inserted the mergefield if it wasn't.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP