Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kerri

Default Shortcut to allow printing to different printer trays

Hello. I work in a law office. We use 3-5 different types of paper for
different documents that we generate, i.e., bond paper for pleadings,
letterhead for letters, and plain paper for drafts. Everytime we want to
change the paper source, we must click on page setup and select the tray.

I think that it would be immensely helpful if one were able to create a
toolbar shortcut or three or four for each printer tray that would tell the
computer to: print this from tray 2, another that would signal print this
from tray 3, etc.

I know that Microsoft is trying to appeal to those law office wordperfect
users and I know for a fact that at least 95% of all law firms use these
different types of papers every day. This would be a huge efficiencly saver
and make many legal professionals happy. Perhaps if your designers deem this
feature feasibile would include it in the new version, but since I suggested
it, maybe our firm could have the feature installed on our current version
and make our lives a little easier?

Anyway, thanks for listening to my suggestion.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.