Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Molly Wood

Default How do I add a page or category to Cookbook template?

I downloaded two cookbook templates. They have numbered pages. I need to
add pages as well as categories. In other words, begin with the template and
personalize the content for my family's use. I have used Word for years, so
I am not feeling very smart at the moment. Thanks, Molly
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Just keep typing. To have something start on a new page, format the
paragraph so the it has a page break before it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Molly Wood" wrote in message
I downloaded two cookbook templates. They have numbered pages. I need to
add pages as well as categories. In other words, begin with the template
and
personalize the content for my family's use. I have used Word for years,
so
I am not feeling very smart at the moment. Thanks, Molly

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Molly Wood

Maybe I needed to ask a different question. Doug, I tried what you suggested
and got some garbled text that was definitely "double-exposed" (like film)
because it consisted of one page overlayed with another, and it took forever
to load. Have I saved the template in the "wrong" format? I saved it in two
different formats, as a word document and as a document template. And I
worked with both for some time prior to my first post. I am running Office
2003 Pro and my computer is less than a year old. I have scanned for viruses
and spyware. I also tried downloading the cookbook template a second time
and starting over. The template is pretty, but for me, it has not been
simple or easy. I finally began plugging my recipes into an Access database.
It isn't exactly what I was looking for, but at least I am not spending
hours and hours trying to personalize the template. My time is better spent
getting my recipes into some usable form. Thanks so much for your response.
I very much appreciate it, but the templates (I tried two different ones on
the MS site) are more difficult to work with than Access. Molly