Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TKF TKF is offline

Default Multiple copies in different printer trays

I need help........ I have a word template and want to print 3 copies,
where the first copy goes to tray 1 and the remaining copies to tray 2
of a printer. Can someone help me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Different printer drivers handle trays differently so a universal method may
be difficult - however if the active printer has Tray 1 and Tray 2 named as
such, then the following macro should work:

Sub PrintThreeCopies()
Dim sTray As String
sTray = Options.DefaultTray
Options.DefaultTray = "Tray 1"
Application.PrintOut FileName:="", Copies:=1
Options.DefaultTray = "Tray 2"
Application.PrintOut FileName:="", Copies:=2
Options.DefaultTray = sTray
End Sub

If you want to force the use of a specific printer (or printers) see
http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm

TKF wrote:
I need help........ I have a word template and want to print 3 copies,
where the first copy goes to tray 1 and the remaining copies to tray 2
of a printer. Can someone help me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Answered elsewhere. (and haven't you got a challenge now, since you posted
this message into 25 different forums ..)

"TKF" wrote in message
ups.com...
I need help........ I have a word template and want to print 3 copies,
where the first copy goes to tray 1 and the remaining copies to tray 2
of a printer. Can someone help me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TKF TKF is offline

thanks....
it works........
thanks again....

tkf

TKF wrote:
I need help........ I have a word template and want to print 3 copies,
where the first copy goes to tray 1 and the remaining copies to tray 2
of a printer. Can someone help me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You are welcome