Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
TKF TKF is offline

Default multiple copies in different printer trays

I need help........ I have a word template and want to print 3 copies,
where the first copy goes to tray 1 and the remaining copies to tray 2
of a printer. Can someone help me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

No, sorry.

There are two ways to do this: one is to reproduce the content of your
template in two different sections of the document, and send the two
identical sections to two different printer trays.

The other is to write a macro that prints the document twice, specifying a
different printer tray each time.

But there's no built-in way to do it. And automating it would take far
longer than printing the document twice when you want it printed that way.

Cheers

On 3/8/06 9:40 PM, in article
, "TKF"
wrote:

I need help........ I have a word template and want to print 3 copies,
where the first copy goes to tray 1 and the remaining copies to tray 2
of a printer. Can someone help me.

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410