Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Eloy Eloy is offline

Default field calculation error message

Although otherwise successfully merging Access data, I get a "field
calculation" error message. All merge fields on word document are merged,
nothing is missing. Please help. I am tired of deleting the page that
reports the error messages.
Eloy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Do you have fields that do calculations (i.e. probably { = } fields?

If so, can you eliminate them one by one to detect which field is causing
the problem?

Peter Jamieson
"Eloy" wrote in message
Although otherwise successfully merging Access data, I get a "field
calculation" error message. All merge fields on word document are merged,
nothing is missing. Please help. I am tired of deleting the page that
reports the error messages.
Eloy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Eloy Eloy is offline

thanks for your response. I do not have any "calculations" in my merge
fields nor do I have any in my database. Any other suggestions?

"Eloy" wrote in message
Although otherwise successfully merging Access data, I get a "field
calculation" error message. All merge fields on word document are merged,
nothing is missing. Please help. I am tired of deleting the page that
reports the error messages.
Eloy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Any other suggestions?

Nothing obvious to me!

Let's suppose you start a completely new merge from scratch using your
Access source. Let's suppose you insert one mergefiedl from the data source.
Do you get the same problem?
(or alternatively, what do you have to cut out from your merge to avoid the
problem?)

Peter Jamieson

"Eloy" wrote in message
Although otherwise successfully merging Access data, I get a "field
calculation" error message. All merge fields on word document are
merged,
nothing is missing. Please help. I am tired of deleting the page that
reports the error messages.
Eloy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Eloy Eloy is offline

Thanks for your ideas. I deleted one field at a time but that made no
difference. The error message was eliminated when I deleted a group of
fields. I then added each field, one at a time, an it took care of the
problem. Thanks for your help.
eloy

"Eloy" wrote in message
Although otherwise successfully merging Access data, I get a "field
calculation" error message. All merge fields on word document are
merged,
nothing is missing. Please help. I am tired of deleting the page that
reports the error messages.
Eloy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
the lisa b. the lisa b. is offline

I have the same annoying problem. I had it in Word 2000 and I have it still
since I've upgraded to 2003. Are you using Excel for your data source? Does
anyone know if this is makes a difference.

"Eloy" wrote in message
Although otherwise successfully merging Access data, I get a "field
calculation" error message. All merge fields on word document are
merged,
nothing is missing. Please help. I am tired of deleting the page that
reports the error messages.
Eloy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

FWIW I can only imagine that the field that was causing the problem was
hidden - it may be worth checking Word Tools|Options|View|All to see if you
can spot the culprit.

Peter Jamieson