Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luis Hirschberg Luis Hirschberg is offline

Default Printing mistakes and Save as pdf files

hey..

for the university i need to do papers in physics and i use the equation
tool in office 2007.

when printing or saving as pdf lot of the equations if not all of them
disappear and dont appear in the printed version or in the pdf file.

I tried to change the printing options but still it doesnt print them.

i guess this is a bug, the only way out of this, is saving the file as 2003
doc file but the thing is that it changes the equations into pictures and the
quality of them is awful..

so, my question is if there is a work around for the printing issue / saving
as pdf or if there is a way to change to quality of the equations being saved
as pictures when saving back as doc format.

please help me, i need to send my papers
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bob Mathews Bob Mathews is offline

On 3-Jan-2007, LuisHirschberg wrote:

when printing or saving as pdf lot of the equations if not all
of them disappear and dont appear in the printed version or
in the pdf file.
i guess this is a bug...

so, my question is if there is a work around for the printing
issue / saving as pdf or if there is a way to change to quality
of the equations being saved as pictures when saving back
as doc format.

Luis, it's definitely a problem when printing Word 2007 Equation
Builder equations to certain printers. I have 3 printers, two of
which will print the documents fine and one of them (my default
printer, of course) prints as you describe. I have also had the
same problem with PDFs, so it's nothing you're doing wrong that's
causing this, nor is there anything you can do to fix it. The
only work-around I'm aware of is to try another printer. Like
you've already discovered, it's not much of a solution to save
them as a Word 2003 .doc file.

Depending on how many equations you have in the document(s),
another option is to use the other Equation Editor (aka
"Microsoft Equation") or MathType. Equation Editor is still in
Word 2007, even though there is also a different Equation Builder
now. There's no way to convert Equation Builder equations to
Equation Editor or MathType equations, so this option will only
be useful if you only have a few (in which case you'll have to
enter all your equations again), or if we're talking about new
documents you haven't written yet.

BTW, you access Equation Editor by clicking on "Object" in the
"Text" section of the "Insert" tab. When the Object dialog pops
up, look for Microsoft Equation 3.0 in the list. Click it, then
click OK.

Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
Design Science, Inc. -- "How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Christina Christina is offline

Have you tried using different printer drivers for your pdf distilling?

christina

"Luis Hirschberg" wrote in
message ...