Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] 1regularcammer@gmail.com is offline

Default Word acting differently on different desktops

Our office recently updated our computer system so that each computer
was exactly alike, same programs installed, same
software/hardware...everything is the same. In the update, we also
made the transition to Word from Word Perfect.

Our issue is, the template we created for use by everyone in the office
acts differently on each desktop. At times, the headers will have the
same "look" but, when one tries to type somethingin the header, the
alignment.

Additionally, the tabs seem to be set up differently on each computer.

None of us are well-versed in Word and are trying to feel our way along
as we learn this program. It doesn't seem to make sense that we would
have this many variations on one program when each computer is set up
exactly alike.

How can we correct these issues?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Your post seems a bit incomplete - when one tries to type somethingin the
header, the alignment. Does what?

Tab settings may have been customized by the users. In what way are they
different?

Does each use have the same printer selected in Word? Are the printer
drivers the same on each machine?
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
ps.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] 1regularcammer@gmail.com is offline

Thanks for your response and questions.
When one tries to type in the header, the alignment is thrown off (as
in, a right-aligned header will throw the words into center or
left-alignment)

Some of the tabs are set up as 3.25, while others are set at 0.5. Each
user had something different set up that was not of their doing.

Each user has the same printer.

Thank you again for any assistance you can provide.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
Your post seems a bit incomplete - when one tries to type somethingin the
header, the alignment. Does what?

Tab settings may have been customized by the users. In what way are they
different?

Does each use have the same printer selected in Word? Are the printer
drivers the same on each machine?
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
ps.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

For a letter size page with one inch margins, it would be normal to have a
centre aligned tab stop at 3.25" and a right aligned tab stop at 6.5"

I suspect that the users are inserting their text before the desired tab
stop rather than after (or not using the tab key at all)

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

oups.com...

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
Your post seems a bit incomplete - when one tries to type somethingin the
header, the alignment. Does what?

Tab settings may have been customized by the users. In what way are they
different?

Does each use have the same printer selected in Word? Are the printer
drivers the same on each machine?
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.