Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
tyectk tyectk is offline

Default Page-only formatting?

I am trying to update a form from Wordperfect 12 into Word 2003. I am
basically taking this peice from scratch and for the most part I can do all
the formatting exact same. Except for the formatting (headers/footers most
importantly). I need to find out if there is a way to format each page
individually within one document. This document is multiple pages, but has
different formatting on each. I cannot link each page because this is a
document that will be widely used throughout the company and they cannot link
to my documents. Is there a solution?

Thank you in advance for any help or advice you can lend.

PS...in the end this will be a protected document with form fields.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I am not sure exactly what you mean by formatting here. If you mean a
different headers/footers, then you will need to insert Section Breaks where
you want to change the header/footer as headers/footers are attributes of a
Section, not of a Page. To insert Section Breaks, select Break from the
Insert menu. By default, the headers/footers in a section are probably
linked to those in the previous section. There is however a button on the
Headers and Footers toolbar that is used to unlink them, so that one can be
changed independently of the others.

Other types of formatting can be applied separately to paragraphs, or fonts
(which means at the character level.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"tyectk" wrote in message
I am trying to update a form from Wordperfect 12 into Word 2003. I am
basically taking this peice from scratch and for the most part I can do
all
the formatting exact same. Except for the formatting (headers/footers
most
importantly). I need to find out if there is a way to format each page
individually within one document. This document is multiple pages, but
has
different formatting on each. I cannot link each page because this is a
document that will be widely used throughout the company and they cannot
link
to my documents. Is there a solution?

Thank you in advance for any help or advice you can lend.

PS...in the end this will be a protected document with form fields.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

In Word, what you're used to thinking about as "page formatting" is replaced
by "section formatting". That is, all the pages between two section breaks
will have the same header, footer, page margins, orientation, page numbering
style...

To make each page have a different format, you have to insert section breaks
so that each page is a separate section. Then you can change whatever
formatting you need to change on each page (that is, for each section).

Be aware of the "Same As Previous" setting on headers and footers -- when a
header (for instance) in a section has "Same As Previous" turned on, that
header will be the same as the corresponding header in the previous section.
The footers are independently settable, too. To have different
headers/footers on each page, you have to explicitly turn off "Same As
Previous" in each section after the first.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

tyectk wrote:
I am trying to update a form from Wordperfect 12 into Word 2003. I am
basically taking this peice from scratch and for the most part I can
do all the formatting exact same. Except for the formatting
(headers/footers most importantly). I need to find out if there is a
way to format each page individually within one document. This
document is multiple pages, but has different formatting on each. I
cannot link each page because this is a document that will be widely
used throughout the company and they cannot link to my documents. Is
there a solution?

Thank you in advance for any help or advice you can lend.

PS...in the end this will be a protected document with form fields.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
tyectk tyectk is offline

thank you for both posts, they were a big help. i will use your adivce
towards my document. thanks again!