Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Freida Freida is offline

Default Converting page breaks to section breaks automatically- 2007

I have created a template and I am trying to insert text from notepad into
the template. Once the text is transfered, it does not use the font from the
template, which is fine, I can get around that. After the text is inserted,
it breaks at the right places. The only thing is that they are all page
breaks. I need a way to automatically make all the page breaks into section
breaks. How can I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc Luc is offline

Freida,
Insert a section break in your document. Select and Copy it to the
clipboard.
Home - Replace (editing) - search for - more - special - manual page break -
replace with - special - clipboard contents.
Seems to work here, hope it will for you too.
--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

"Freida" schreef in bericht
I have created a template and I am trying to insert text from notepad into
the template. Once the text is transfered, it does not use the font from
the
template, which is fine, I can get around that. After the text is
inserted,
it breaks at the right places. The only thing is that they are all page
breaks. I need a way to automatically make all the page breaks into
section
breaks. How can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Freida Freida is offline

It did not work when I put clipboard contents in the replace line the command
^C comes up (which is copy). When I copy the section break to the clip board
something does get put in there(it doesn't say section break though. It
appears that I may be doing something wrong with the copy. I had to do a
select all b/c I couldn't just do a copy on the section break, unless there
is another way to do it?

"Luc" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc Luc is offline

Freida,
Make sure the clipboard is totally empty before starting the copy.
That is correct, you will get the ^c in the replace box (click on special
button and choose clipboard contents), in the search box there will be ^m.
If you replace it will work.
I've tried it in the Dutch and the English version.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

"Freida" schreef in bericht

"Luc" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Freida Freida is offline

Thanks, it worked. It was talling me 0 replacements because my cursor was at
the very bottom. When I move it to the top it replaced all the page breaks
with section breaks

"Luc" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc Luc is offline

Freida,
That's good news, glad you got it sorted.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)