Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Michele Michele is offline

Default Can text wrap from one cell into another?

I am building a form and using tables and have formatted the reply tables to
show only the bottom of the cell as an underline. When I reach the end of the
first row, can the text drop down to the second row? Is that what the drop
down tool is for? For printing purposes, I must maintain the response fields
as being underlined and so, when I reach the end of the first line, the text
either stops because I fixed the cell or row width, or the cell expands to
accept a second line, but then I lose the lines. Does this make sense? So all
I want to know is when I reach the end of a one row table can the the text
continue at the beginning of row two or another table built directly
underneath?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

The only way to get text to flow from one cell to another is to insert
Textboxes into the cells and then link them by using the Textbox Toolbar.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Michele" wrote in message
I am building a form and using tables and have formatted the reply tables
show only the bottom of the cell as an underline. When I reach the end of
the
first row, can the text drop down to the second row? Is that what the drop
down tool is for? For printing purposes, I must maintain the response
fields
as being underlined and so, when I reach the end of the first line, the
text
either stops because I fixed the cell or row width, or the cell expands to
accept a second line, but then I lose the lines. Does this make sense? So
all
I want to know is when I reach the end of a one row table can the the text
continue at the beginning of row two or another table built directly
underneath?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

And text boxes are not compatible with text form fields, I believe.

"Michele" wrote in message
[...]

What is the best way to set up this kind of formatting? [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 11 November 16th 06 11:40 PM
Text Box David New Users 6 October 15th 06 09:38 PM
How to wrap text from cell to cell in a table. Jon Coulson Tables 2 August 8th 05 09:12 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM