Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sue Sue is offline

Default Recovered text in Word 2007

Using Word 2007 I've noticed that the text is scrambled gibberish when
opening as Recovered Text. Is this a new 'feature' Microsoft has put out?
Any help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Recovery is a means whereby a corrupt document can be viewed, with the
possibility of recovering some of the text it contained. If that corruption
has caused the document to contain gibberish, that is what you will see.
More important questions would be why the document is corrupt and why you
need to open it with the recovery option?

Sue wrote:
Using Word 2007 I've noticed that the text is scrambled gibberish when
opening as Recovered Text. Is this a new 'feature' Microsoft has put
out? Any help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sue Sue is offline

Thank you for replying.
I created both documents from a blank document in Word 2007. No copy/paste,
nothing fancy. Just plain text, and a few Numbered heading styles in one of
those two.
The reason I went into Recoverd Text is because I've been tasked with
learning about different ways of viewing metadata.

Documents don't open in gibberish on my 2003 machine.

thanks
Sue

Sue wrote:
Using Word 2007 I've noticed that the text is scrambled gibberish when
opening as Recovered Text. Is this a new 'feature' Microsoft has put
out? Any help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can view metadata in Word 2003 with the script editor ALT+SHIFT+F11
I don't know anything about Word 2007, other than the file formats are not
the same.

Sue wrote:
Using Word 2007 I've noticed that the text is scrambled gibberish
when opening as Recovered Text. Is this a new 'feature' Microsoft
has put out? Any help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Graham,

The hooks to the MS Script Editor have been removed from Office 2007. Using a Web Page preview (although the command has to now be
added to the Quick Access Toolbar) and using View=Source in the browser should still work though

=============
"Graham Mayor" wrote in message ...
You can view metadata in Word 2003 with the script editor ALT+SHIFT+F11
I don't know anything about Word 2007, other than the file formats are not
the same.

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I can't say that I am looking forward to installing Office 2007. It seems
like a lot of answers to questions I haven't asked