Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bruce Blank Bruce Blank is offline

Default Installing word2007 set templates to point to a network share?

We have a set of default templates that everyone shares in previous version
we could change where the default templates pointed to, originally on C:

Is it possible to still do this in Office 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Bruce,

In Word Options (Alt,T,O,A) scroll down, in the Advanced section to the 'General section' and see if the information in the
[File Locations] button is helpful.

If you're doing a deployment of Office 2007 you can set this with the Office Customization Tool (OCT)
(http://microsoft.com/office/ork) if you're using a volume licensed edition.

===================

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bruce Blank[_2_] Bruce Blank[_2_] is offline

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply, I should of said it was using the OCT, there is an
options to include templates to install BUT these appear to install these to
the users local hard drive. I need these files to be read from the network,
as these get changed quite often.

Cheers,
Bruce

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Bruce,

In Word Options (Alt,T,O,A) scroll down, in the Advanced section to the 'General section' and see if the information in the
[File Locations] button is helpful.

If you're doing a deployment of Office 2007 you can set this with the Office Customization Tool (OCT)
(http://microsoft.com/office/ork) if you're using a volume licensed edition.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bruce Blank[_2_] Bruce Blank[_2_] is offline

Doh! I've found the section that sets the templates... I must of been half
blind...

Thanks for your help.