Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rykie B Rykie B is offline

Default Page moving

While I type I want the page to automatically stay at the top of the screen,
not to move down to bottom of screen and I must scroll down every time.

This is only my screen view while I am typing. Hope someone can help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Ed is offline

Hi Rykie B,

I'm not sure that I understand your question but if you mean that when you
type stuff the text starts at the bottom of the page (and works its way up)
rather than starting at the top then this can be caused by the "vertical
alignment" setting in page setup.

If this is the case the problem might be in the individual document(s) or it
might be in a template on which the documents are based (Normal.dot or some
other template).

I think you can fix it as follows:

In Word before 2007:
Open your document.
Go to File/Page Setup and click the Layout tab.
In the "Vertical Alignment" drop-down, select "Top".
Click OK to make the change in the document, or click Default and answer Yes
to the resulting prompt to also make the change in the template on which the
document was based.

In Word 2007:
Open your document.
Click the "Page Layout" group on the ribbon.
Click the small diagonal arrow which is to the right of "Page Setup" in the
"Page Layout" group.
In the "Page Setup" dialog, click the Layout tab.
In the "Vertical Alignment" drop-down, select "Top".
Click OK to make the change in the document or template, or click Default
and answer Yes to the resulting prompt to also make the change in the
template on which the document was based.

If this isn't your problem, post some more details about what's happening
and someone may still be able to help.

Regards.

Ed

"Rykie B" wrote:

While I type I want the page to automatically stay at the top of the screen,
not to move down to bottom of screen and I must scroll down every time.

This is only my screen view while I am typing. Hope someone can help.

Moving on to second page mtay Microsoft Word Help 1 February 14th 07 08:38 AM
Footnote moving up page ... bottom of page selected?!?!?! rnason16 Page Layout 1 October 17th 06 10:17 AM
Moving page border J Brydle Page Layout 1 May 3rd 06 11:06 PM
Moving a Page? W. Watson New Users 4 March 3rd 06 12:45 AM
How can I stop footnotes moving onto the next page? stu1985 Microsoft Word Help 2 November 5th 05 05:21 PM