Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bgreen8844 bgreen8844 is offline

Default footnote line starts at 1 inch instead of the margin set

I have an office of users that this happens to. I can not recreate the
problem on my computer. we are both using Word 2003. When they create a
footnote in a document whose margin is set to 1.5, the footnote line starts
at 1 inch instead of what the margin is set at.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Make sure the users are actually talking about footnotes and not footers. If
it turns out to be the latter, then point out to them that there is a
separate setting for the footer margin (Layout tab of Page Setup).