Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jl_harper3 jl_harper3 is offline

Default Mixed letter and number footnote references

Is it possible in Word 2003 to mix both letter and number references on the
same page? I know how to switch between sections of my document, but when I
try to do a continuous section break in the middle of the page, it acts as a
page break. Furthermore, I need to learn how to do this before my term paper
is due on June 15, since I need to annotate different items on the same page
with different references (Letters to annotate a translation and then numbers
for regular references throughout the text).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can use "custom" references mixed in with the continuously numbered
ones, but you'll have to keep track of the sequence yourself; you can't have
two separate sequences.