Jodie Robertson via OfficeKB.com

Default Shaded vertical ruler --need help badly

I am trying to copy and paste text from a word document into a premade
template that I downloaded from HP and added my letterhead. I am trying to
move the premade letterhead up a half an inch. The vertical ruler for the
letterhead area is shaded grey and I cannot seem to be able to edit there.
I cannot fit the entire text into this one page unless I can move the
margins for this area up half an inch. Any ideas? Thank you in advance

You can change the header margin on the Layout tab of Page Setup, but this
may not be the best approach. A better approach might be to let the
letterhead push the document body down. See
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/Letterhead.htm