Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mike Dobony Mike Dobony is offline

Default No Top or Bottom Margins

I suddenly lost my top and bottom margins and cannot even set them to
anything different. My old documents still have their margins, but the new
documents have no margins and still says 1" on the Page Setup. I can change
the numbers, but the document does not change. I have Word XP and Windows
XP.

Mike D.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

From the Tools menu, select Options and then go to the View tab and in the
"Print and Web Layout options" section of the dialog, check the box for
"White space between pages (Print view only)"

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Mike Dobony" wrote in message
I suddenly lost my top and bottom margins and cannot even set them to
anything different. My old documents still have their margins, but the new
documents have no margins and still says 1" on the Page Setup. I can
change the numbers, but the document does not change. I have Word XP and
Windows XP.

Mike D.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
G Henkel G Henkel is offline

At the top and bottom of these "shortened" pages you will see that the
cursor changes to a different symbol - something like two arrows, one
pointing up and one down. When it appears, click the left mouse button once
or twice and you will be back to your normal display.

Guido