Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] bobibradley6@hotmail.com is offline

Default How do you simply "DELETE" page numbers?

I must be really DUMB! I don't need to know anything other than-HOW DO I GET
RID OF THE PAGE NUMBERS "COMPLETELY".....don't need to know how to change it
or make a page break that has a lot of answers-

Just how do you delete them all- changed mind on pages to be numbered-
Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is it true that if you never insert headers/footers into a document,
it doesn't have any at all, but if you do insert some, and later
decide you don't want any, then even if you delete all the content
that was in them, you can't ever make them go away entirely?

(This gets to be important when trying to cram a whole lot of text
into the smallest possible margins.)

On Jan 8, 4:54*pm, "Jay Freedman" wrote:
wrote:
I must be really DUMB! I don't need to know anything other than-HOW
DO I GET RID OF THE PAGE NUMBERS "COMPLETELY".....don't need to know
how to change it or make a page break that has a lot of answers-

Just how do you delete them all- changed mind on pages to be numbered-
Thanks,

Open the header or footer area by double-clicking somewhere in it. Select
the page number and press the Delete button.

If you originally used the Insert Page Number item in the menu, the page
number will be enclosed in a frame (you should see a dashed rectangle when
you select the page number). Click that box and press Delete. (Seehttp://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/UnaccountablyIndented.htm.)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yes, this is true. In recent versions of Word, if there was ever content in
the header/footer (or if you even opened the header/footer to modify the
Header/Footer style, as I made the mistake of doing in one template where
I'd changed the margins and so needed to move the tab stops), then you will
have an empty paragraph in the header/footer. You can still set the
header/footer margins to 0" if you need more text area.