Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ken Ken is offline

Default How to stop - lengthening

When I type - it changes it to - this longer version. Is there any way I
can stop it?

Thanks

Ken

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

This is an AutoFormat As You Type feature. The exact steps to turn it
off depend on your version of Word. If you are using Word 97-2003, you
should clear the replacing of "Symbol characters (--) with symbols (—)"
in Tools | AutoCorrect Options, AutoFormat As You Type tab.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ken" Reply to NG only wrote in message
When I type - it changes it to - this longer version. Is there any

way I
can stop it?

Thanks

Ken

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Note also that if you want to take advantage of some of the other AutoFormat
features covered by this option, you can press Ctrl+Z (Undo) after the
AutoFormat takes place.

"Ken" Reply to NG only wrote in message
Thanks so much for the fast reply which has resolved the issue.

Ken

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
This is an AutoFormat As You Type feature. The exact steps to turn it
off depend on your version of Word. If you are using Word 97-2003, you
should clear the replacing of "Symbol characters (--) with symbols (-)"
in Tools | AutoCorrect Options, AutoFormat As You Type tab.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ken" Reply to NG only wrote in message
When I type - it changes it to - this longer version. Is there any

way I
can stop it?

Thanks

Ken

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ken Ken is offline

Yes thank you.
I have a lot of quick entries via the auto correct - so got that working
quite well but just absolutely confounded by the simple issue with the long
& short hyphens.

Ken

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Note also that if you want to take advantage of some of the other
AutoFormat
features covered by this option, you can press Ctrl+Z (Undo) after the
AutoFormat takes place.

so
all may benefit.