Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
repaginate, alignment, format repaginate, alignment, format is offline

Default Table Alignment

I am creating multiple pages document (some time in excess of 100 pages)
which is an ongoing table. It has a header and a footer and it is set up so
that the first row of the table repeats at the top of each page. As required
I add new rows to the table and then line up the rows so that one ends at the
bottom of the page and the next on the next page right under the repeating
row. I have used this document for years in Word 2003. Recently my company
went to Word 2007 and now when the document repaginates, or sometimes when a
new line is added to the header it periodically readjust adding lines or
taking away lines in the rows. Thsi cause a row to be divided between the
the two pages. I have tried to stop repagination, but since it only works in
draft when I print it knocks everything off. Please help.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You could set the paragraph style(s) used in the table to "Keep Lines
Together." This should stop rows from breaking across pages. (Unless a
cell can contain more than one paragraph.)

On Jul 2, 11:16*am, repaginate, alignment, format repaginate,
alignment, wrote:
I am creating multiple pages document (some time in excess of 100 pages)
which is an ongoing table. *It has a header and a footer and it is set up so
that the first row of the table repeats at the top of each page. *As required
I add new rows to the table and then line up the rows so that one ends at the
bottom of the page and the next on the next page right under the repeating
row. *I have used this document for years in Word 2003. *Recently my company
went to Word 2007 and now when the document repaginates, or sometimes when a
new line is added to the header it periodically readjust adding lines or
taking away lines in the rows. *Thsi cause a row to be divided between the
the two pages. *I have tried to stop repagination, but since it only works in
draft when I print it knocks everything off. *Please help.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Keep lines together" and "Keep with next" have no effect within table
cells. "Keep with next" does operate between table rows. The only way to
keep table rows from breaking is to disable the check box for "Allow rows to
break across pages." When that option is enabled, there is no way to
influence how Word breaks the row.

http://word.mvps.org

alignment, wrote:
I am creating multiple pages document (some time in excess of 100 pages)
which is an ongoing table. It has a header and a footer and it is set up
so
that the first row of the table repeats at the top of each page. As
required
I add new rows to the table and then line up the rows so that one ends at
the
bottom of the page and the next on the next page right under the repeating
row. I have used this document for years in Word 2003. Recently my company
went to Word 2007 and now when the document repaginates, or sometimes when
new line is added to the header it periodically readjust adding lines or
taking away lines in the rows. Thsi cause a row to be divided between the
betweent
the two pages. I have tried to stop repagination, but since it only works
in
draft when I print it knocks everything off. Please help.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
repaginate, alignment, format[_2_] repaginate, alignment, format[_2_] is offline

Thanks, for your help.

I could not find the "Allow rows to break across pages" option, but I think
I am at least headed in the right direction. I did find the "Dont break
constrained table forced on page" and "Allow table rows to lay out apart"
would either of these help. Where can I find a explanation of the advanced
options. May be that would help me choose the ones that would fix my
problem. I will keep looking, but if you could help I would appriciate it.

Thanks again

alignment, wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The check box for "Allow rows to break across pages" is on the Row tab of
Table Properties. There are many Compatibility Options relating to tables,
but you are generally best served by leaving those settings at the default
for the version you're using. For more on table flow, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...bleOn1Page.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...ksInTables.htm

http://word.mvps.org

alignment, wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
repaginate, alignment, format[_2_] repaginate, alignment, format[_2_] is offline

I tried your suggestion, but it did not fix the problem. When the document
repaginated it pushed every thing down about a third of a page. Do you have
any other suggestions? Please help. Thanks

alignment, wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you don't want a row to break across pages, then you clear the check box.
If you don't allow *any* rows to break, and some rows are quite deep, then
you will notice many differences in pagination, especially if you have also
formatted some rows as "Keep with next."

http://word.mvps.org

alignment, wrote:
[...]

Table caption alignment EllenM Microsoft Word Help 3 December 12th 08 06:01 PM
Table Cell Alignment Sue Tables 1 January 28th 08 10:30 PM
Alignment of Table of Contents Dan Page Layout 6 November 8th 06 02:49 PM
Table text alignment Dominic Microsoft Word Help 4 August 24th 05 10:31 PM
Number alignment in a table quartz Microsoft Word Help 3 March 4th 05 04:17 PM