Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rusty Rusty is offline

Default How do I convert a PDF to Word or Excel

I have a number of PDF files that I need to convert to Word and or Excel
files. I have tried a save as, with no luck. any help or insite is
appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe McGuire Joe McGuire is offline

Easy. In Adobe Acrobat (the real program, not the free reader) just open
your pdf file and save it as a Word document. It is not perfect but it
works. Don't have Adobe Acrobat? you have to use some sort of PDF
Converter (I use one with that exact name and it does a fine job, but it is
not free. Somebody may know of some free ware.

"Rusty" wrote in message
I have a number of PDF files that I need to convert to Word and or Excel
files. I have tried a save as, with no luck. any help or insite is
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Not so easy! Acrobat will only convert to an editable document if the PDF
was created from an editable document. There are third party converters that
will deal with this eg PDF2TXT, or you could use OCR software such as
Finereader, which makes a better stab at formatting - especially if tables
are involved.

The bottom line is that the whole point of PDF is that it is not intended to
be edited and getting editable text from it, is not always straightforward.

"Rusty" wrote in message
I have a number of PDF files that I need to convert to Word and or
Excel files. I have tried a save as, with no luck. any help or
insite is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
askteam askteam is offline

Follow this URL and go to item #3

3 aspects you can modify, extract, edit, convert content in PDF

http://soi12.com/office/story.php?ti...ge_and_Convert
1. Add or modify text and graphics
Foxit can add annotation on PDF
add text, graphics, links, and new form fields to PDF
products from Adobe

2. Re-arrange PDF
popular PDFHammer
PDFill super PDF tool

3. Convert PDF to other forms such as .Doc or .TXT
standalone converter
online PDF to text
Convert PDF to DOC RTF
Convert PDF to unformatted text