Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
plh plh is offline

Default What's the best way to get this kind of referencing?

Please note that I am using Office 97.
I have a numbered list of references such as
[1] Avallone, Eugene A., and Theodore Baumeister III. Mark's Standard Handbook
for Mechanical Engineers. 9th ed. New York: McGraw Hill, 1986.
[2] Gorana, V.K., V.K. Jain, and G.K. Lal. "Forces prediction during material
deformation in abrasive flow machining." Wear 260(2006): 128-139.
etc.
and I want to make in text citations such as:

"Gorana [2]found that..."
or simply
"During Abrasive flow machining, normal forces prevail [2] in the situation
dominated by..."

And do it such that if I ad more references and re-arrange them, they will
update throughout the text. I have used ordinary footnotes and end notes but
they do not seem suited to such treatment, but I did once see this done, using
different style formats, but I do not remember how.
Thank You,
-plh

--
Where are we going and why am I in this HAND BASKET??