Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
tinktye tinktye is offline

Default merge addresses as well as numbers into word document

I am trying to merge a spreadsheet that has names and addresses as well as
columns of numbers. I read about the DDE Exchange, but it them loses the
address fields. Is there a way to have both?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Word should be able to merge the names and addresses as well,
particularly if you are using the DDE connection method, as long as the
data is in the first sheet of the workbook.

But can you spell out
a. what is going wrong
b. what columns you have in your worksheet?

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

tinktye wrote:
I am trying to merge a spreadsheet that has names and addresses as well as
columns of numbers. I read about the DDE Exchange, but it them loses the
address fields. Is there a way to have both?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
tinktye tinktye is offline

The spreadsheet starts out with location, employee name, address, city,
state, zip, then it has total premium, and two more columns with the premium
divided out by different number of payrolls. When I selected the DDE option
it then wiped out the address information the merge letter and changed it to
location. It kept the employee name, just lost the address info. The
numbers are now showing correctly, but I need the address info too.

tinktye wrote:
I am trying to merge a spreadsheet that has names and addresses as well as
columns of numbers. I read about the DDE Exchange, but it them loses the
address fields. Is there a way to have both?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you are using an ADDRESSBLOCK field to insert your address information,
a. you may need to "re-map" the fields in the data source so that Word
knows that your "address" field (whatever it is called) is supposed to
contain the street address.
b. or you could insert the individual fields that you need instead.

If that isn't the problem, are you saying that even if you re-insert the
MERGEFIELD for your address field, you are still seeing blank instead of
the data in the field?

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk