Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
abs abs is offline

Default Word 2003 Mail Merge and Sql

User has a Word mail merge document attached to a sql database. We need to
make a minor change to the Word document itself. When I try to open the Word
document I get the "Opening this document will run the following SQL command:
Select * from (database). How do I get around that message to make the
necessary change in the Word document itself without changing any of the
commands?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

This is just a security warning - You receive the "Opening this will run the
following SQL command" message when you open a Word mail merge main document
that is linked to a data source - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=825765.
See also the Word macro to toggle the registry setting referred to in that
link at http://www.gmayor.com/word_vba_examples.htm#SQL.