Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Marianne Marianne is offline

Default mailmerge error/problem

I created a mailmerge document (office word 2003) and when I want to create
letters the mailmerge works great -- I do not have to have word open - the
mailmerge opens word for me.
When my co-worker wants to create letters using the mailmerge document that
I created (she's also on word 2003), she has to have word open for it to
work. If she doesn't, she gets a pop-up that says:

letter.o_letzip x
X Cannot Open Microsoft Word
OK

Why does she have to have Word open for this to work?
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

A few things you/she could look at...

1. How is she opening her document?

2. Does she have her Windows Explorer set up the same way you do as far
as displaying document extensions is concerned? (i.e. if you
double-click on a file in Explorer , do you see "something.doc", or just
"something"? And what does she see?)

3. What is the document called?

4. Is the document connected to a data source already (i.e. when it
opens, do you expect to be able to merge without attaching a data source
first?)

5. What is the data source, and where is it?

6. Does this name

letter.o_letzip

mean anything to you?

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Marianne wrote:
I created a mailmerge document (office word 2003) and when I want to create
letters the mailmerge works great -- I do not have to have word open - the
mailmerge opens word for me.
When my co-worker wants to create letters using the mailmerge document that
I created (she's also on word 2003), she has to have word open for it to
work. If she doesn't, she gets a pop-up that says:

letter.o_letzip x
X Cannot Open Microsoft Word
OK

Why does she have to have Word open for this to work?
Thank you

Field Calculation Error in Mailmerge Jacqui Formatting Long Documents 0 April 18th 08 10:58 AM
MailMerge Save Error BJ Mailmerge 1 February 14th 08 09:51 PM
Mailmerge Error! Á÷À˵ÄË«Óã Mailmerge 1 November 21st 05 04:42 AM
Mailmerge error word 2002 dmajor Mailmerge 3 June 18th 05 01:47 PM
MailMerge error giddne Mailmerge 4 June 17th 05 07:05 AM