Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shirley Shirley is offline

Default Autotext font

I know this has been addressed, but unfortunately I'm not quite understanding
the solution to my problem.

Specifically, I previously used Tahoma 11 font for documents; however, I now
have to switch to Arial 10. All of my Autotext is saved with the Tahoma 11
font. Is there any way for me to change the font for Autotext without having
to re-create them (I have hundreds saved)?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

If your Autotexts include paragraph marks then they will have the paragraph
style included in the paragraph mark(s).

If not, they will bring with them any explicit character styling included in
them or, if none, they will take on the formatting of surrounding text at
the insertion point.

If you have explicitly given them all the Tahoma font you will have to
explicitly change or re-create them all - and learn a good lesson in the
process.

Sorry, but there's no easy way round it - it will be a manual task. You
might find you can make the task easier using a tool such as Jay Freedman's
AutoText Dumper and Autotext Loader (see http://jay-freedman.info/)

--
Enjoy,
Tony