Jubinell Jubinell is offline
Junior Member

Default Text in textbox is indented?

Hi,

I have typed some text into a textbox. Then I think I messed with some text settings and as a result, my text is indented from the second line of each paragraph onward.

Something like this:

----------------------
The text in my textbox
****begins here,
****however as you
****can see it is
****indented from
****the second line
****onward.
If I start a new line
****however, the
****first line is not
****indented.
----------------------
{picture attached}

I've clicked the decrease indent button many times but that doesn't change anything.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Attached Images

Last edited by Jubinell : March 18th 10 at 12:35 AM
Jubinell Jubinell is offline
Junior Member

Just to let everybody know I got this resolved by doing the following in Office 2007:

* Select the textbox
* Click on the line spacing option
* Choose Line spacing options
* Under special, change from "Hanging" to "none"

I'm not sure I ever messed with this setting, but this was how I reverted things back to normal.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JudithJubilee JudithJubilee is offline

Hi Jubinell,

You have a Hanging Indent set up.
Highlight your text and choose Format + Paragraph.
On the right you will see a drop down for 'Special' - change that to None.

Judith
--
Hope this helps

"Jubinell" wrote:

[...]

|Filename: indentex text in textbox.gif |
|Download: http://www.wordbanter.com/attachment...ttachmentid=95 |

Jubinell
.