Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
James Vann James Vann is offline

Default How do do I change the speed of page scrolling when selecting.

This is driving me nuts
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Are you referrring to the speed at which the "pages" scroll when using the
mouse to select, ie holding down the mouse button and moving the mouse
indicator onto the status bar or toolbars for varying speeds of scrolling?
Then NO, you cannot change the speed, except by moving the mouse pointer
further into the top/bottom areas.
If you are using a scroll wheel on your mouse, then try Control Panel, Mouse
and change the settings for the the Wheel. Beeware that this setting affects
all applications, not just Word.
FYI, have you used the Outline view. So long as you have used styles with
Outline Levels, the Outline View is a superb tools to quickly select and move
sections.
Hope this helps
DeanH

This is driving me nuts

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
James Vann[_2_] James Vann[_2_] is offline

Unfortuntly my word doesn't so much scroll as warp to the top or bottom of
the page.

Many thanks for your quick reponce, DeanH. I shall learn to live with it.

"DeanH" wrote:

Are you referrring to the speed at which the "pages" scroll when using the
mouse to select, ie holding down the mouse button and moving the mouse
indicator onto the status bar or toolbars for varying speeds of scrolling?
Then NO, you cannot change the speed, except by moving the mouse pointer
further into the top/bottom areas.
If you are using a scroll wheel on your mouse, then try Control Panel, Mouse
and change the settings for the the Wheel. Beeware that this setting affects
all applications, not just Word.
FYI, have you used the Outline view. So long as you have used styles with
Outline Levels, the Outline View is a superb tools to quickly select and move
sections.
Hope this helps
DeanH

This is driving me nuts

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

What version of Word.
In Tools, Options, General, the two options for WordPerfect - uncheck.
Which view do you work in? Is Track Changes on?
Does your cursor jump around when you enter type?
DeanH

"DeanH" wrote:

Are you referrring to the speed at which the "pages" scroll when using the
mouse to select, ie holding down the mouse button and moving the mouse
indicator onto the status bar or toolbars for varying speeds of scrolling?
Then NO, you cannot change the speed, except by moving the mouse pointer
further into the top/bottom areas.
If you are using a scroll wheel on your mouse, then try Control Panel, Mouse
and change the settings for the the Wheel. Beeware that this setting affects
all applications, not just Word.
FYI, have you used the Outline view. So long as you have used styles with
Outline Levels, the Outline View is a superb tools to quickly select and move
sections.
Hope this helps
DeanH

This is driving me nuts

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

If you are encountering "warp speed scrolling" then I suspect you are using
an older version of Word? Word 2000 perhaps? They fixed the scroll speed
issue in Office XP (Word 2002).

Short of upgrading (or downgrading your processor. g) there are
alternatives you can use. My favorite was to click and hold the mouse button
but roll the wheel to select text. Of course that's provided you have a
wheel mouse. Otherwise use Shift with your arrow keys are other keyboard
navigation to select text. For example if you press Shift + Ctrl + Down it
will select from your insertion point to the end of the document. Shift +
Ctrl + Pg Up/Dn will select by page, etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"James Vann" wrote in message
Unfortuntly my word doesn't so much scroll as warp to the top or bottom of
the page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You might try other techniques for selecting text rather than trying to rely
on the dragging method. For example, try just clicking at one end of the
passage, scroll (using the scroll bar) until you can see the other end of
the passage, then hold the Shift key while you click at that spot. You can
also:

Triple click a paragraph, then Shift+Click another,

Control+Click a sentence, then Shift+Click another,

Double-Click a word, then Shift+Click another,

as well as using the left margin (selection area): Click to select a line,
then Shift+Click another.

There are any number of additional selection techniques which are far more
efficient & effective than dragging. See Word Help on: Select text and
graphics.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"James Vann" James wrote in message
This is driving me nuts

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Click at one end of the desired selection. Then drag the elevator on the
vertical scroll bar to bring the other end in view. Shift+click there.