Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Toody Toody is offline

Default How do I set up a page border for one page only?

How do I set up a page border for one page only. I am creating a newsletter
with numbered pages, and would like to add a page border on page 5 of the
document, but not on the pages before or after page 5.

Do I add section breaks before using the "this section only" option?

I have Word 2003.

Any help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You need to insert a section break before that page, and then add
the border to "This section -- First page only" (in the Borders and
Shading dialog box, Page border tab).

Alternatively, you can fake it by using autoshape lines.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Toody" wrote in message
How do I set up a page border for one page only. I am creating a

newsletter
with numbered pages, and would like to add a page border on page 5

of the
document, but not on the pages before or after page 5.

Do I add section breaks before using the "this section only" option?

I have Word 2003.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm glad I could help.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Toody" wrote in message
Thanks!! That helped a lot!

"Toody" wrote in message
How do I set up a page border for one page only. I am creating a

newsletter
with numbered pages, and would like to add a page border on page

5
of the
document, but not on the pages before or after page 5.

Do I add section breaks before using the "this section only"

option?

I have Word 2003.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Add a section break at the end of page 4. Then click Format | Borders and
Shading. On the Page Borders tab, choose the desired border. For "Apply to,"
specify "This section - First page only" and click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP