Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Reenie Reenie is offline

Default Email recipients cannot open Word documents sent as attachments

Some recipients of emails that I send cannot open "Word" documents sent as
attachments. T attachedhe documents have been savied in Word 97-2003 formats
since I have Word 2007. Does anyone know why this is happening?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

They need to save the attachment to their hard drive before they open
it.

On Aug 7, 2:48*pm, Reenie wrote:
Some recipients of emails that I send cannot open "Word" documents sent as
attachments. *T attachedhe documents have been savied in Word 97-2003 formats
since I have Word 2007. *Does anyone know why this is happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

What happens when they try? Are the documents created from a Word 2007
dotx/m format template? In which case maybe
http://www.gmayor.com/Problems_opening_2007_docs.htm is the problem?

Reenie wrote:
Some recipients of emails that I send cannot open "Word" documents
sent as attachments. T attachedhe documents have been savied in Word
97-2003 formats since I have Word 2007. Does anyone know why this is
happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kate[_5_] Kate[_5_] is offline

I downloaded *docfix.exe* from 'here' (http://tinyurl.com/2lemjd) which
sorted this problem out for me completely. I can now open .doc files
attached to emails directly into MS Word 2007 without having to save
them first. They also no longer have the wrong icon in internet
explorer, they have the same icon and file type description as .docx
files.

--
Kate
Kate's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/me...hp?userid=1023