Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
buckeyeschwab buckeyeschwab is offline

Default How do I keep Word open if I close documents and switch programs?

I work on accounts and need to use Word and Acrobat as well as our company
software to create documents. When I close a Word file I'm using and switch
to a different program, Word closes completely if there are no other files
open. I usually just leave a blank document open, but hope there is a
setting I can change that will allow me to keep Word open if I choose.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Could be a variation of the issue described at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=555169 "WD: Word Quits Unexpectedly
When Selecting a Document from the Windows Taskbar".