Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BC1973

Default How do I lock the margins in a document?

I have created a document template, that works great. People are allowed and
need to place pictures and tables in the document. My problem is that the
margins of the document apparently don't apply to inserted pictures/clip art
or tables. It is allowed (by Word, not me) to stretch a pic/table to the
edge of the page. How can I prevent this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

You say to your users: "If you put your graphics outside the margins, I'll
rip your bloody arms off."

Seriously, there's nothing you can do in Word to stop users doing whatever
they like. It's a computer program, not a punishment.

"BC1973" wrote in message
I have created a document template, that works great. People are allowed
and
need to place pictures and tables in the document. My problem is that the
margins of the document apparently don't apply to inserted pictures/clip
art
or tables. It is allowed (by Word, not me) to stretch a pic/table to the
edge of the page. How can I prevent this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

User education. Teach them to reveal their margins with
ToolsOptionsViewText Boundaries, and make sure they do not place elements
outside the margins.

Doing it code is a truly massive job that will not reliably succeed.

And nothing will change until you learn to send documents back to the author
for fixing. The minute you fix a document for an author, they will expect
you to keep doing it for the rest of their lives.

Cheers

On 26/4/06 7:28 AM, in article
, "BC1973"
wrote:

I have created a document template, that works great. People are allowed and
need to place pictures and tables in the document. My problem is that the
margins of the document apparently don't apply to inserted pictures/clip art
or tables. It is allowed (by Word, not me) to stretch a pic/table to the
edge of the page. How can I prevent this?

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410