Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marina Peyzner Marina Peyzner is offline

Default How to run World 2002 or/and XP with Vista?

My old machine dead and I just got new one with Vista. Could you advise how I
can run, restore my World files in new machine?
Thanks,
Marina
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

To install Word on the new machine, you need the Office CD. There is
no way to copy the installation from the old machine.

Legally, if Word (or Office) came bundled with the old machine, it's
licensed only for that machine and you'll have to buy a new copy. If
it was a boxed retail copy of Office, you can install it on the new
machine -- but you do need the disk and the 25-digit product key.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 11:44:15 -0800, Marina Peyzner
wrote:

My old machine dead and I just got new one with Vista. Could you advise how I
can run, restore my World files in new machine?
Thanks,
Marina

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard in AZ Richard in AZ is offline

"Marina Peyzner" wrote in message
My old machine dead and I just got new one with Vista. Could you advise how I
can run, restore my World files in new machine?
Thanks,
Marina

If what you are asking is: How to I transfer all of my Word Documents to my new machine from the
old machine? then;

You will some how have to get access to the old hard drive files. There are a number of ways to do
that, but if you are not sure, take your old computer to a good repair shop (Not the big box stores
like Best Buy, or CompUSA) and have them copy your documents to a CD. Then you copy the document
from the CD to your new hard drive. If you can not access the old hard drive, and you have not made
backups of your documents, you are SOL.

If you are asking : How to I get Word on my new computer, you have to buy a new copy and install it.
Then transfer your documents to the new hard drive as outlined above.

Word 2002 Compatible with Windows Vista? Ingram Microsoft Word Help 1 February 26th 07 06:58 PM
World Lingo kristine Microsoft Word Help 4 November 14th 06 03:30 PM
MS World Formating Problem. Help! hidalgo Microsoft Word Help 5 September 11th 06 04:01 PM
world to owepoint Marie Chen New Users 3 April 8th 05 01:14 PM
97 Templates in an XP World RJB Microsoft Word Help 1 March 10th 05 07:56 PM